Oct. 9, 2019
We Can Help- This is what we do!
1. Don’t Price It Too High: Price is everything. Overpricing does more to discourage buyers than any other single factor. When you overprice, you put your home in competition with homes that may be newer, larger or have more going for them than yours. All you will achieve is to help sell the others !.
2. Poor Condition: A home that needs lots of work doing to it, does not excite buyers. A home like this is looked at by buyers as a big work project and like the old Tom Hanks movie – The Money Pit. Having your home in good shape and great showing presentation will significantly improve your chances of a sale at top dollar value.
3. Poor Curb Appeal: Most buyers today will always want to drive by. If your home is an attractive drive-by, it will gain more attention and more showings. Doing the little things to help your home's curb appeal. Clearing snow in winter, cutting the lawn and cleaning the yard in summer will make a huge difference.
4. Drab Dark Homes Don't Sell: Buyers like Space and Light ! At showing time open the blinds and curtains - " IT’S SHOWTIME"!!!. Go through your home and remove all clutter; touch up paint and wall dinks, fix counter tops, and carpets. Smells are offensive from pets and smoking smells are also huge turn-off. If the weather is good open a few windows and let the air through before showings. The most important rooms to concentrate on are the living room, family room, kitchen and master bedroom. As they enter the home they will have their first impression! So don’t have a dirty front door - Wash it down and make it sparkle !.
5. Don't Over-improve: Get your home in good showing shape, but don't over-do it. Huge projects such as complete remodels of kitchens, adding decks, and expanding room sizes may not pay back your investment. Before you jump into a huge improvement project, ask us for our advice.
6. Be Financeable: Bad roofs, exterior paint, or structural problems may make your home un-financeable. The wider the scope of financing that your home can qualify for, the higher the overall market value.
7. Get Good Advice and Good Market Exposure: As professional agents with over 17 years experience in our market (CLHMS verified) we will help you get your home priced right, and also get you started with the best fix ups. We will get your home exposed to the largest number of potential "Qualified" buyers.
8. Don't Be In At Showings: When your home is being shown, go for a drive or a walk. Take yourself, family, pets and let the agent and their clients have the freedom they need. An agent can always do their best job of showing your home when you are not underfoot. Buyers will spend longer looking at your home's features and the benefits when you are not there.
9. Let Us Do The Negotiating: If there is ever a good reason to have an experienced agent working for you, it's during the negotiation of your home sale. A good negotiator can mean thousands of dollars to you, and will protect your interests. Don't let your emotions run wild during negotiations. Try to separate your emotions from the business side. Remain cool and calm during this time.
10. Act Fast With Offers: When your selling, we contact you the minute an offer comes in, and we need to act quickly and decisively to arrive at the best price and conditions. Letting offers sit around without acting can be a huge mistake, buyers think you don’t care. Things can change quickly in the mind of a prospective buyer so let us help you set up the strategy – what is your best finished price and through negotiations how do we get there.
· The Team Is Ready! Call / Text for a Market Consultation or Buyers Meeting: 403-850-0669